You searched for: Content Type Book Remove constraint Content Type: Book Publishing Institution Institute of International Relations Prague Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Institute of International Relations Prague Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Development Remove constraint Topic: Development
- Author: Jan Werner
- Publication Date: 12-2017
- Content Type: Book
- Institution: Institute of International Relations Prague
- Abstract: Following the European Year for Development 2015 and the transitional year 2016, 2017 promised to be the year when the Czech development agenda would find a new direction thanks to the introduction of a comprehensive sustainable development framework, new strategic documents, increases in funding and the evolution of the development institutions. Looking back, however, we can safely say it did not happen. While the new framework and strategies have been put in place and the institutions are evolving accordingly, most of the political scene seems to have once again lost interest in the agenda, or even question its utility. Amid growing pragmatism and polarisation, the main question increasingly faced by the Czech development policy is not whether and how it should relate to other dimensions of foreign policy (be it security, migration or business promotion), but rather whether, and to what extent, it will remain one of the country’s pursuits and priorities.
- Topic: Security, Foreign Policy, Development, Migration, Business , Institutions
- Political Geography: Europe, Czech Republic