You searched for: Content Type Book Remove constraint Content Type: Book Publishing Institution Global Political Trends Center Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Global Political Trends Center Political Geography Africa Remove constraint Political Geography: Africa Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years
- Author: Abdallah Shalaby, Salah al-Din al-Jurshi, Mostafa El-Nabaraway, Moheb Zaki, Qays Jawad Azzawi, Antoine Nasri Messarra
- Publication Date: 02-2010
- Content Type: Book
- Institution: Global Political Trends Center
- Abstract: The situation in the Middle Eastern and North African (MENA) countries concerning the state of the democracy has been on top of the agendas of not only political entities, but also civil society organizations, academia and the international media, with an intensifying frequency for the past decade. While the citizens of respective MENA countries deserve and demand better political, social, and economic conditions, the current state of affairs in many MENA countries is unfortunately far from ideal in terms of civic rights, freedoms, and other socio-political conditions.
- Topic: Politics
- Political Geography: Africa, Middle East