You searched for: Content Type Book Remove constraint Content Type: Book Publishing Institution Georgetown University Press Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Georgetown University Press Political Geography United States Remove constraint Political Geography: United States Topic International Relations Remove constraint Topic: International Relations
- Author: Bruce Berkowitz
- Publication Date: 09-2008
- Content Type: Book
- Institution: Georgetown University Press
- Abstract: This Book is intended to help readers better understand the national security issues facing the United States today and offer the general outline of a strategy for dealing with them. National security policy—both making it and debating it—is harder today because the issues that are involved are more numerous and varied. The problem of the day can change at a moment's notice. Yesterday, it might have been proliferation; today, terrorism; tomorrow, hostile regional powers. Threats are also more likely to be intertwined—proliferators use the same networks as narco-traffickers, narco-traffickers support terrorists, and terrorists align themselves with regional powers.
- Topic: International Relations, Security, International Trade and Finance
- Political Geography: United States