You searched for: Content Type Book Remove constraint Content Type: Book Publishing Institution Chatham House Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Chatham House Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Development Remove constraint Topic: Development
- Author: Michael W Lodge, David Anderson, Terje Løbach, Gordon Munro, Keith Sainsbury, Anna Willock
- Publication Date: 08-2007
- Content Type: Book
- Institution: Chatham House
- Abstract: Regional fisheries management organizations or arrangements (RFMOs) play a critical role in the global system of fisheries governance. They are the primary mechanism for achieving the cooperation between and among all fishing countries, including coastal states, that is essential for the effective management of international fisheries. The essential purpose of an RFMO, therefore, is to provide an effective forum for international cooperation in order to enable States to agree on conservation and management measures for those fisheries.
- Topic: Agriculture, Development, Environment