You searched for: Content Type Book Remove constraint Content Type: Book Political Geography Russia Remove constraint Political Geography: Russia Topic Diplomacy Remove constraint Topic: Diplomacy
- Author: Hans Mouritzen (ed), Nanna Hvidt (ed)
- Publication Date: 06-2013
- Content Type: Book
- Institution: Danish Institute for International Studies
- Abstract: This year's volume presents the official outline of Denmark's foreign policy in 2012 by Claus Grube, Permanent Secretary of State for Foreign Affairs. Besides that Ravinder Kaur contributes with the first academic inquiry into the causes of the Danish-Indian diplomatic deadlock in the extradition case concerning Niels Holck (the prime accused in the Purulia arms drop case). Mette Skak addresses the role of the emerging BRICS powers (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) in Danish foreign policy and offers her policy recommendations. Hans Branner shifts to a diachronic perspective. In his article about Denmark 'between Venus and Mars' he stresses elements of continuity in Danish foreign policy history; activism is not solely a post-Cold War phenomenon. Derek Beach turns to the scene of the current European economic crisis, analysing and interpreting the Fiscal Compact agreed during the Danish EU Presidency.
- Topic: Foreign Policy, Diplomacy, Economics, International Affairs, Financial Crisis
- Political Geography: Russia, China, Europe, India, South Africa, Brazil, Denmark