You searched for: Content Type Book Remove constraint Content Type: Book Publishing Institution European Union Institute for Security Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: European Union Institute for Security Studies Topic Foreign Policy Remove constraint Topic: Foreign Policy
- Author: Álvaro de Vasconcelos (ed)
- Publication Date: 10-2011
- Content Type: Book
- Institution: European Union Institute for Security Studies
- Abstract: Nothing is perhaps more fundamental to EU foreign policy than the imperative of defining a common agenda with the US. Unfortunately, however, in Europe relations with the United States are marked by ideological divergences or antagonisms which are largely a legacy of the Cold War era. But such a rift is clearly dysfunctional in a polycentric world, which is no longer characterised by a bipolar world order, but by the need to define much larger coalitions, across ideological divides, than just the Euro-American one.
- Topic: Foreign Policy, Cold War, Bilateral Relations
- Political Geography: United States, America, Europe