You searched for: Publishing Institution The Polish Institute of International Affairs Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Polish Institute of International Affairs Political Geography Afghanistan Remove constraint Political Geography: Afghanistan Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years
- Author: Wojciech Lorenz
- Publication Date: 12-2017
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: The Polish Institute of International Affairs
- Abstract: According to the new U.S. strategy for Afghanistan, winter will not stop intensified operations against the Taliban. With the increased U.S. and NATO troop level, Afghan forces will switch from defensive to offensive activities. Only stronger military pressure and other forms of influence taken together might impel the Taliban to negotiate with the government in Kabul. The political effects of the new strategy should be expected only in a longer-term perspective.
- Topic: International Affairs
- Political Geography: Afghanistan