You searched for: Publishing Institution Lowy Institute for International Policy Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Lowy Institute for International Policy Political Geography China Remove constraint Political Geography: China Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Publication Year within 1 Year Remove constraint Publication Year: within 1 Year Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years Topic International Relations Remove constraint Topic: International Relations
- Author: John Edwards
- Publication Date: 06-2019
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: Lowy Institute for International Policy
- Abstract: The outlines of a trade deal between the United States and China are there. But without a return to the negotiating table, the dispute could rapidly escalate, magnifying the damage to world growth. With the Osaka G20 meeting looming, Chinese analysts and policymakers visited in Beijing are pessimistic about the prospects for a trade deal with the United States. If they are right, global financial markets are in for a much wilder shock than anything yet seen in this quarrel. Yet much of a deal has already been agreed, while the consequences of not reaching a deal have become increasingly dire.
- Topic: International Relations, International Trade and Finance, Trade Wars, Trade
- Political Geography: China, Asia, North America, United States of America