You searched for: Publishing Institution European Council On Foreign Relations Remove constraint Publishing Institution: European Council On Foreign Relations Political Geography Syria Remove constraint Political Geography: Syria Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Publication Year within 1 Year Remove constraint Publication Year: within 1 Year
- Author: Jasmine El-Gamal
- Publication Date: 03-2019
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: European Council On Foreign Relations
- Abstract: European governments must decide when and how to protect Syrian refugees who are voluntarily returning home They should do so using their remaining levers of influence in Syria, in line with European interests and UNHCR protection parameters. European engagement on voluntary refugee returns should be limited, cautious, and conditional. Europe must work with Middle Eastern host countries to prevent forced refugee returns. European governments must talk to all relevant stakeholders in the Syrian conflict, particularly Russia.
- Topic: International Cooperation, International Affairs, Refugee Crisis
- Political Geography: Syria