You searched for: Publishing Institution Economist Intelligence Unit Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Economist Intelligence Unit Political Geography United Kingdom Remove constraint Political Geography: United Kingdom
- Publication Date: 11-2012
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Economist Intelligence Unit
- Abstract: Markets of the future—China, India, Brazil and Russia—will become the dominant retail markets l Africa, the final frontier—as BRIC opportunities diminish retailers will look to Africa as a driver of growth l Virtual marketplace— e-commerce, m-commerce and s-commerce—will transform the global retail landscape l Bricks and mortar will fight back as traditional retailers respond to change by integrating online with physical store offerings l Convenience will be king as shopping habits evolve into a multichannel approach rather than “one-stop shopping” l UK focus: polarised shopping habits could continue even when incomes recover, leading to an even greater squeeze on mid-market retail by 2022.
- Topic: Economics, Emerging Markets, International Trade and Finance, Markets, Science and Technology, Communications
- Political Geography: Russia, China, United Kingdom, India, Brazil