You searched for: Publishing Institution Columbia International Affairs Online Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Columbia International Affairs Online Political Geography United Kingdom Remove constraint Political Geography: United Kingdom Topic Terrorism Remove constraint Topic: Terrorism
- Author: Richard W. Bulliet, Fawaz A. Gerges
- Publication Date: 10-2001
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Columbia International Affairs Online
- Abstract: For several months prior to the attacks on the World Trade Center and the Pentagon on September 11, 2001, a videotape calling Muslims to a holy war against forces described as Crusaders and Jews circulated underground in the Arab world. Produced on behalf of Osama bin Laden and prominently featuring his image, words, and ideas, the tape is designed to recruit young Arab men to journey to Afghanistan and train for a war in defense of Islam.
- Topic: Defense Policy, Diplomacy, Ethnic Conflict, Government, International Cooperation, International Law, Terrorism
- Political Geography: Russia, United States, United Kingdom, Middle East, Arabia