You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Center for a New American Security Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center for a New American Security Political Geography Global Focus Remove constraint Political Geography: Global Focus Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic International Cooperation Remove constraint Topic: International Cooperation
- Author: John Klein
- Publication Date: 01-2019
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Center for a New American Security
- Abstract: Recent U.S. space policy initiatives underscore the far-reaching benefits of commercial space activities. The White House revived the National Space Council to foster closer coordination, cooperation, and exchange of technology and information among the civil, national security, and commercial space sectors.1 National Space Policy Directive 2 seeks to promote economic growth by streamlining U.S. regulations on the commercial use of space.2 While the defense community generally appreciates the value of services and capabilities derived from the commercial space sector—including space launch, Earth observation, and satellite communications—it often overlooks one area of strategic importance: deterrence.
- Topic: International Cooperation, International Affairs, Cybersecurity
- Political Geography: Global Focus