You searched for: Content Type Research Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Research Paper Political Geography Ukraine Remove constraint Political Geography: Ukraine Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Geopolitics Remove constraint Topic: Geopolitics
- Author: Ivo Daalder, Michèle Flournoy, John Herbst, Jan Lodal, Steve Pifer
- Publication Date: 02-2015
- Content Type: Research Paper
- Institution: Chicago Council on Global Affairs
- Abstract: This report is the result of collaboration among scholars and former practitioners from the Atlantic Council, the Brookings Institution, the Center for a New American Security, and the Chicago Council on Global Affairs. It is informed by and reflects mid-January discussions with senior NATO and US officials in Brussels and senior Ukrainian civilian and military officials in Kyiv and at the Ukrainian “anti-terror operation” headquarters in Kramatorsk. The report outlines the background to the crisis over Ukraine, describes why the United States and NATO need to engage more actively and urgently, summarizes what the authors heard in discussions at NATO and in Ukraine, and offers specific recommendations for steps that Washington and NATO should take to strengthen Ukraine’s defenses and thereby enhance its ability to deter further Russian aggression.
- Topic: International Cooperation, International Affairs, Geopolitics
- Political Geography: Russia, America, Ukraine