You searched for: Content Type Research Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Research Paper Publishing Institution Chicago Council on Global Affairs Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Chicago Council on Global Affairs Political Geography Global Focus Remove constraint Political Geography: Global Focus Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Geopolitics Remove constraint Topic: Geopolitics
- Author: Dina Smeltz, Craig Kafura, Liz Deadrick
- Publication Date: 09-2014
- Content Type: Research Paper
- Institution: Chicago Council on Global Affairs
- Abstract: As President Obama prepares to address the nation tomorrow night regarding the threat of the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), Chicago Council Survey results from May 2014 show that the Americans remain concerned about the threat of international terrorism, though less intensely now than in the past. Still, combating terrorism remains a top foreign policy goal for the US public, and one of the few situations where majorities of Americans say they are willing to support the use of US troops. That support is reflected in recent polls from CNN/ORC International and ABC News/Washington Post, which find majorities of Americans in favor of conducting airstrikes against ISIS.
- Topic: Terrorism, Geopolitics
- Political Geography: America, Global Focus