You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution The Polish Institute of International Affairs Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Polish Institute of International Affairs Political Geography Georgia Remove constraint Political Geography: Georgia Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years
- Author: Wojciech Lorenz
- Publication Date: 04-2018
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: The Polish Institute of International Affairs
- Abstract: Russia’s annexation of Crimea triggered a shift in NATO’s policy towards Georgia. NATO moved from mainly political support for Georgia’s NATO membership aspirations to enhanced practical military cooperation. Although it might be more difficult for Russia to coerce its small neighbour, the lack of visible progress on the path to NATO membership may weaken Georgian morale and lead to a reversal of democratic gains. Hence, it is important that during the 2018 NATO Summit in Brussels the Allies offer additional support to help Georgia increase its resilience.
- Topic: International Affairs
- Political Geography: Georgia