You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Oxford Analytica Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Oxford Analytica Political Geography United Kingdom Remove constraint Political Geography: United Kingdom Topic International Relations Remove constraint Topic: International Relations
- Author: Oxford Analytica
- Publication Date: 08-1999
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Oxford Analytica
- Abstract: In the past nine months, the United States and the United Kingdom have pursued a low-intensity military campaign against Iraq. Such actions have been made easier by a lack of political scrutiny. However, the US administration in particular now faces mounting criticism from France, China and Russia, who favour a relaxation of policy, and domestic US interest groups favouring a more activist stance. Despite these pressures, US President Bill Clinton is unlikely to change policy significantly in his remaining 18 months of office.
- Topic: International Relations, Foreign Policy, Government
- Political Geography: Russia, United States, China, Iraq, United Kingdom, Middle East, France