You searched for: Content Type Course Pack Remove constraint Content Type: Course Pack Political Geography Global Focus Remove constraint Political Geography: Global Focus Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Economics Remove constraint Topic: Economics
- Publication Date: 01-2016
- Content Type: Course Pack
- Institution: Columbia International Affairs Online
- Abstract: Globalization is a framework for describing many affiliated worldwide developments. Globalization isn't simply more of the ongoing process of internationalization; rather it describes the increasing ease with which technologies, people, goods, services and capital move transnationally. But the term is also widely used to convey such elements as universalization and changes to sovereignty. While many embrace it, others fear it. Former Federal Reserve chairman Alan Greenspan has suggested that opposition to globalization could have the effect of reversing progress on free trade. The International Forum on Globalization is one organization that seeks to reverse globalization. The readings in this course pack focus on the many facets of globalization.
- Topic: Economics, Globalization, International Trade and Finance, Political Economy, International Affairs
- Political Geography: Global Focus