You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Political Geography Morocco Remove constraint Political Geography: Morocco Topic International Affairs Remove constraint Topic: International Affairs
- Author: Edward M. Gabriel
- Publication Date: 04-2017
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: The Ambassadors Review
- Abstract: From a strategic perspective, Morocco’s decision to join the African Union (AU) 33 years after quitting the bloc illustrates King Mohammed VI’s vision of his country’s role on the continent as a platform for regional economic, political and security cooperation. It followed almost two decades of personal diplomatic efforts by the king to further Morocco’s goal of supporting greater regional and continental stability through common economic and political interests.
- Topic: International Relations, International Affairs
- Political Geography: Morocco