You searched for: Content Type Commentary and Analysis Remove constraint Content Type: Commentary and Analysis Publishing Institution The Washington Institute for Near East Policy Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Washington Institute for Near East Policy Political Geography Russia Remove constraint Political Geography: Russia Topic Foreign Policy Remove constraint Topic: Foreign Policy
- Author: Soner Cagaptay
- Publication Date: 09-2016
- Content Type: Commentary and Analysis
- Institution: The Washington Institute for Near East Policy
- Abstract: The July 15 attempted coup, which exposed rifts within the Turkish military, coupled with the August 9 meeting between Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Russian president Vladimir Putin, and the Turkish incursion into Syria on August 24, appear to signal a change in trajectory for Turkey’s Syria policy. Since Erdogan’s ouster of Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu in May 2015, Turkey has already implemented some significant foreign policy shifts, including normalization with Israel and a desire to mend ties with Russia.
- Topic: Conflict Resolution, Foreign Policy, Civil War, Peace Studies, International Affairs
- Political Geography: Russia, Turkey, Syria