You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Asia Society Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Asia Society Political Geography India Remove constraint Political Geography: India
- Author: Harsha Singh, Anuphav Gupta
- Publication Date: 03-2016
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Asia Society
- Abstract: At a time of slowing global economic growth, the international community needs to fully tap all the sources of new dynamism and demand available in the world today. India, the world’s fastest-expanding major economy, holds the potential to shore up growth in both the Asia- Pacific region and globally. For that potential to be realized, however, India’s domestic reforms and integration with the Asian and world economies need to progress more rapidly. The advent of the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) agreement offers much hope of reinvigorating trade growth in the Asia-Pacific region once it comes into force, but the TPP does not include India. The first and necessary step toward greater Indian participation in Asian trade and investment flows is membership in the Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) forum. It is a step whose time has come, for India, for APEC, and for the international economy.
- Topic: International Trade and Finance, Global Political Economy
- Political Geography: India